Sports Sciences, Department
Fakultät für Humanwissenschaften at the Uni Magdeburg
Institut III: Philologien, Philosophie, Sportwissenschaft - Bereich Sportwissenschaft
- Zschokkestr. 32
- 39104 Magdeburg
- Phone: +49 391 671-6980
Students' assessments on undergraduate, presence-learning-courses
Degree courses with details
- Sport und Technology (B.Sc.)
- Sport Science (B.A.)
- Sport Science with a focus on Health and Rehabilitation (B.A.)
- Sport Science (M.A.)
- Sport und Technology (M.Sc.)
- International Master in Performance Analysis of Sport (M.Sc.)
- Teaching Qualification at general education schools for Mathematics (B. Sc.) in combination with Sports
- Career and Education (B.Sc.), Economic or Technical Education with the teaching subject Sports
- Career and Education (B.Sc.), Engineering Education or Economics Teaching or Health and Nursing Education in combination with the teaching subject Sports
- Teaching Qualification at Secondary Schools (M.Ed.) with the teaching subject sports
- Teaching Qualification at Grammar Schools (M.Ed.) with the teaching subject sports
- Teacher Teaching Qualification for Vocational Schools (M. Ed.) Engineering and Business Education as well as Health and Nursing Education with the teaching subject Sports
Further information provided by the department
Special features regarding teachingPractical sports exercises are compulsory in all sports science courses. The social sciences, education and the humanities are offered at least on an optional basis for all degree courses. Online teaching forms based on the Moodle system have been available in many subject areas for years.
Exchange universities for stay abroadsAmstrong Antlantic State University, Georgia, USA; Georgia College & State University, Georgia, USA; University of Lethbridge, Kanada; Masaryk-Universität Brno, Tschechien; Sporthochschule Gorsow-Poznan, Polen; Sporthochschule Gdansk, Polen; Hochschule Szombathely, Ungarn; Universität Bologna, Italien; Universidad de Valencia, Spanien; University of Thessaly-Thessaloniki, Griechenland usw.
Special features regarding the equipmentSpecial games sport hall with teaching rooms, weight training and fitness rooms; a second laboratory sports hall for training in apparatus gymnastics, and martial arts and with a third of the space for dance and movement, as well as with installed strength measuring stations, special laboratories for sports engineers and health and rehabilitation sports; own beach volleyball court; joint use of modern Elbe swimming pool and other municipal sports facilities (SCM athletics stadium amongst others) and private sports providers (sport centres for fitness and health ); university's own water sports facility
Sport facilitiesCooperation with the Olympic Training Centre Saxony-Anhalt (e.g. sports psychological support). Special curricula are offered for competitive athletes.
Special features regarding research activitiesInter-faculty natural science and medical specialisation of the chairs Sport and Technology as well as Training and Health; close research cooperation with for-profit (sports article industry) and not-for-profit organisations (e.g. sports associations, societies) in the sports and health system (e.g. rehabilitation clinics, health promotion in companies, therapy institutions), without disregarding the education and social science implications (e.g. participation of the institute in the sports teacher training).
Other special featuresSpecial technical research labs and computer rooms for the Sport and Technology course of study (e.g. for kinematics and kinetics); teaching-learning laboratory to test/apply knowledge of methods at measuring stations which are specific to the type of sport and movement; research laboratories for health and rehabilitation sports (MTT, isokinetics, hypoxia lab, medical performance diagnostics); for the practical sport training, an annual alpine ski trip in Kappel/Tyrol is organised as well as a summer camp for popular and outdoor sporting activities in the Alps and is integrated in teaching.
Further information on research activitiesforschung-sachsen-anhalt.de/
(S)-Students' judgements (F)-Facts (P)-Professors' judgements
Last update 2021: Data collected by the CHE Center for Higher Education.
Offers by the publisher